This release features several new mod API features requested by modders in the Discord server.
Also, we have our first user created transformation mod — check out the new Pig TF and Pig King mods by Luxious if you like weight gain stuff!
- Monster mods can now cause the player to transform into a custom species. To do this, instead of specifying an integer for ‘bodyType’, specify the string ID of what to TF into. See Pig King for an example.
- Most game objects that you can get via functions will have a .type that indicate their type, ie: “Player”, “Entity”, “Species”, “Clothing”.
- Added new clothing functions, so you can get a clothing item worn in a particular slot, or get clothing-specific information about it. See the Pants Enthusiast sample.
- Custom entity spawning — By setting an ‘id’ parameter on a mod, you can now spawn entities, clothing, and monsters via LUA script by way of Entity.Generate(). You can spawn both custom and non-custom creations this way.
- See Vending Machine for an example of spawning entities.
- See Monster Machine for an example of spawning monsters.
- Logging cleanup so as to not spam during normal gameplay if new LUA entities are spawned.
- Multiple custom monsters can now be loaded and run at the same time. Debug Mod Control Panel will still nuke the previous monster, but generated custom monsters via Entity.Generate() will stick around forever.
- Renamed Debug Monster Control Panel -> Debug Mod Control Panel.
- Fix for error loading Kitsune / monsters that don’t cause TFs.
Next up, I’ll most likely be looking at custom map support for mods (which will allow you to place all your mods in interesting scenarios / levels). If you want to get started on that, the tools are already available — check out the excellent Trizbort software.
7 thoughts on “r25 Released – Modder Requests”
I have an a quite serious error that ocur in the dinonian chapter when you just after you get the armbinds all the buttons disapear making it impossible to continue. Is there a workaround since the game up to that point wasa quite good.
This error is also present on both Android and Windows.
Thanks for the bug report! I will look into this
Yes, I am having the same problem.
Thanks; I just uploaded a new build with the fix! See new blog post for details.
As far as I can see there is still a problem. Wandering in the desert with no interaction with anyone.
The new build (r25.01) will save/load correctly, but it may or may not fix old save files depending on some conditions. I recommended starting a new game via chapter skip right to Chapter 6, since it’ll start you almost right where you left off.