Slowly getting more systems in place for chapter 6. This build contains:
- Roughing out several NPCs for chapter 6, namely Swick & Hanako. No dialogue for them yet though (expect lots of “COULD NOT LOAD TEXT” messages!).
- Added a warning not to overwrite save games from stable builds with save games from WIP builds.
- The beginnings of the ‘Ride an NPC’ system:
- You can now mount & dismount our main Dinoian NPC, Hanako. Head to the north of Haven and talk with Swick, then you’ll be able to mount Hanako in the room next door.
- You can ride her in any of the Underworld areas, but not in overworld areas like Mulberry.
- Still needs flavor text, as well as all the planned actions / scenes Hanako will do as you travel together.
- It does not work with the save system yet.
- Standing on the hot sand of the desert areas will now damage you unless you’re either riding Hanako or are a Dinoian yourself.
- 64 character password support.
- Fix for room tags not being loaded during load from save file — this manifested as sometimes respawning in the wrong place after loading from a save file (a fresh start worked okay).
If you backed at the WIP backer level for the July 1 Patreon cycle, head to the employee intranet to download your copy.